18 year old guy dating 20 year old, relationship talk

I m 23 dating an 18 year old - thoughts

If they're both treating each other well, I wouldn't worry about the age difference. Originally Posted by Nevertrap. And at the moment, you have him captivated. Honestly, I'd be more worried about the possible repercussions of dipping the pen in company ink than anything else given the facts you've presented.

Because it wont last so whats the point. She says he has been wonderful, caring, and gentlemanly to her. But how legitimate is this rule?

We've been married since last November. Other companies don't allow for it at all. Originally Posted by Sir Chinchillidae. She'll probably view it quite cautiously, but the fact you're still dating and going strong is a testament to the seriousness of which you both view the relationship. Age preferences for mates as related to gender, own age, and involvement level.

Originally Posted by Damsbo. She'd have a lot of support from friends and roommates who are learning all this stuff at the same time. To no ill effect, dating farmers and in fact we're friends to this day.

That is, she is happy, which is why she's told you about this to share her joy. Do you really have the same goals in life? Be prepared to have that conversation earlier.

But, I would not have dated him while living with my parents or while working with him. But it sounds like they're aware of those risks, too. If he's ready and understands how you feel and you openly express that, pua online dating questions I don't see why it would be a problem.

20 year old girl dating 18 year old boy gross or completely acceptable

Originally Posted by lovesMountains. If it's legal, and you're both going for something you both want, then I don't se the problem. It just wouldn't have been for me. She is taking a balanced perspective on this, and she realizes that even though this guy seems perfect now, things could go very wrong and is she is open to more information and perspectives.

Is this a cause for concern? The fact that they work together has the potential for disaster. If I were your sister, the main thing I'd be concerned about is not letting the relationship stand in for my own process of growing up and being more independent. As long as your sister is using birth control and otherwise taking care of herself, then I wouldn't worry.

Relationship Talk

Yahoo Answers
Is a 22 year old guy and an 18 year old girl dating weird

Could an 18 year old girl date a 20 year old guy

Not one relationship has ended except for the passing of a partner. This is a good indicator as to whether they are the kind of person your sister might otherwise date, just older. This was a mutual decision, although they are both anxious to be public. Your parents will be more mad about the sex and the lying than the age thing, I bet.

In general, I wouldn't say that a year-old dating a year-old raises any immediate red flags. It's much, much bigger than later twenty-year gaps. Who knows whether these things will work out years is a lot in terms of life stage, when to settle down, etc. You can see that men are basically operating by the rule for minimum age preferences for marital relationships blue bars and serious dating relationships yellow bars. What do you think about online dating?

Having her lose the relationship experiences that we all have as we grow older. You can't make somebody love you, and you can't make them stay if they don't want to. At times it is too stringent, but most often it appears too lenient, condoning age pairings with which most people are not comfortable. As for parents who may kick her out of the house, this is a separate issue. He is a lovely guy but reality for me is that how can he take care of me when he can't even take care of himself?

But since she's working, she could presumably afford to rent a place, yes? The age difference is is something that will bother other people, but if it doesn't bother them, then that's fine. If you decide to consider marriage at some point, really think about the age difference.

Is a 22 year old guy and an 18 year old girl dating weird

If you don't give it a go who knows where it could lead. Appreciate the good times and if and when life takes another direction, look at it as a splendid chapter in your life. Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. This might sound a bit out of left field, but is it possible that some of your Mormon upbringing might still be affecting your thinking a bit? This man adores me and I haven't had that in a very long time.

In the end, it's their relationship and they, not the world or even you, dating a psychologist have to be happy with it. Originally Posted by Xanjori. She still lives at home with our parents.

The best way to ease your mind would be to spend time with them both and see how they interact. He sounds great and she sounds like she knows her shit. We are both quite spiritual in a very non religious way and work together in that way quite beautifully. Knowing the law is the best defense.

18 year old dating a 20 year old

Does it match our scientific understanding of age-related preferences for dating? It's likely that he will die a decade or more before she does. The minimum rule half-your-age-plus-seven seems to work for men, although the maximum rule falls short, failing to reflect empirical age-related preferences. However, everyone is different. Odds would be low, but not impossible.

  1. View detailed profile Advanced or search site with.
  2. If your friends can't tell her age, why would your parents be able to?
  3. Because we were raised in a posoinous culture, I was trying to figure out what the common wisdom is about such age disparities.
  4. She works with him, and they are keeping their relationship private for now because of that.

Ask MetaFilter

Maybe this is why the rule is so appealing. Every day we get closer and closer and things are getting extremely serious, I want her to meet my parents. Honestly, domingo the only thing that causes me concern in the facts laid out above is that they work together. Does your sister's boyfriend understand or identify at all with your sister's background? That seems like bad news waiting to happen.

Research finds that one well-known guideline may not work for everyone

  • Everything you say about your sister and her partner makes me think the age difference is something they are going to handle well.
  • But that's another thing I tend to distrust no matter what the ages are.
  • Best of luck to everyone in this situation and if you are still around thread started it would be great to hear an update.
  • And there is no strange life experience power-balance of any kind.
  • She hasn't seen the world, he probably has.
Just Like Dear Old Mom
I m 18 and dating a 30 year old how do I tell my mom

They are living in the moment. But, it's a very individualistic situation. As with other posters, the only thing that concerns me is that they work together. All you can do is enjoy it while you are both happy in it.

There are really three possibilities. You're you, and she's her. It was the same for us at the time. What did her family think? The age of consent isn't the issue.

Could an 18 year old girl date a 20 year old guy

Most Popular

  • Dating site msu
  • Dating in minneapolis mn
  • Bebo online dating
  • Dating app in asia
  • General hospital stars dating real life
  • Regret over not dating someone
  • Online dating first chat
  • Best dating apps over 50
  • Top philippines dating sites
  • Australia singles dating site